CIC Culture Consensus
Corporate culture nourishes CIC's vitality and core competitiveness and sustains its growth and viability going forward.
Cultivating a corporate culture that captures the company's vision and values has always been at the forefront of our endeavors, reinforced in the CIC Culture Consensus released in 2012.
The CIC Culture Consensus embodies our hard work, innovation and steady progress since our inception in 2007. It speaks to the aspirations of CIC as an institution and of all our staff, whose professional commitment, diverse ideas and desire to make a difference foster our culture and values. A systematic expression of CIC's mission, vision and core values, the CIC Culture Consensus will be a guide to enhancing the cohesion, work ethics and moral integrity of our staff as we go forward.
Our Mission: CIC operates with a clear mandate to diversify China's foreign exchange investments and to seek maximum returns for its shareholder within acceptable risk tolerance.
Our Vision: We aim to grow into a world-class and respected sovereign wealth fund.
Our Core Values: We have identified four core values: responsibility, synergy, professionalism and aspiration.
- Responsibility: We are committed to fulfilling our mandate with a strong sense of responsibility. Fundamental to our responsibilities is to effectively manage assets and make every investment a success. We fulfill these responsibilities conscientiously, observe strict work ethics, uphold integrity and honesty, abide by applicable laws and regulations in recipient countries and seek maximum returns within acceptable risk tolerance for our shareholder.
- Synergy: Teamwork, guided by a common purpose and holistic thinking, will bring out the best in individuals, the key to sustained development and success. We encourage cooperation and cohesion across departments to create synergies that spur our company forward to achieve our stated goals.
- Professionalism: Professionalism and strict work ethics lay the groundwork for success. We will carry forward our solid, prudent and disciplined investment approach, applying it in every project. Striving for excellence in performance, we will enhance our professional expertise across the company.
- Aspiration: Aspiring to excellence drives us forward and guarantees sustained and greater success. Committed to building a learning enterprise, we encourage best practices and uphold the highest standards for greater achievement.
The release of the CIC Culture Consensus is a solid step forward in building our culture. A series of programs were launched with a view to creating a vibrant, inclusive and inspirational working environment for everyone to grow and succeed, enhancing cohesion and solidarity across the company.
- To our shareholder: maximize the return of long-term investments.
We will explore ways to forge a platform for diversified investment of China's foreign exchange.
We will achieve higher long-term returns within acceptable risk tolerance through a balanced allocation of public-market instruments and long-term assets.
We will preserve and increase the value of state-owned financial assets, by constantly exploring ways to engage in the management of key state-owned financial institutions as a shareholder.
We will review, inherit and develop values and rules, to facilitate sustainable development.
- To staff: cherish and nurture talents.
We respect individuals and the desire to fulfill their values.
We aim to create a fair environment for all employees and to provide a sound platform for career development.
We embrace meritocracy and incentive compatibility in the establishment and management of human resource systems.
We strive to set up a compensation plan that benefits long-term investment capacity building and strikes a balance between market standards and the firm's capacity. The compensation plan shall reflect each employee's contribution to the firm.
- To society: fulfill responsibility and achieve inclusive development.
We endeavor to make contributions to livelihood, philanthropy, culture construction and social harmony.
We stick to our social responsibilities, by avoiding investments in companies that produce weapons of mass destruction and businesses that violate ethical or environmental standards.
We continue to promote international communication and cooperation, demonstrating that we are a responsible global enterprise and valued partner.
We aim to ensure positive intergenerational transfer of sovereign wealth, for the sustainable welfare of future generations.
- To investee institutions: support and promote development.
We act as an "active shareholder" and facilitate the long-term development of our investees, by improving the professionalism of CIC's representatives and their boards of directors.
We aim to fully exercise shareholder rights through appropriate governance procedures.
We take advantage of Chinese Communist Party's leadership and our corporate governance to urge financial institutions directly managed by Central Huijin to strengthen governance, intensify risk control and achieve scientific development.
We promote new approaches to the management of state-owned financial assets and the more effective execution of shareholder rights, in sync with investee institutions.
- To partners: mutual benefit and trust, cooperation and win-win.
Using CIC's advantages, we expect to add value to investee companies and achieve a win-win scenario.
We connect foreign investors with the Chinese market, sharing with them the fruits of China's economic and social development.
We maintain active communication and collaboration with other sovereign wealth funds, to promote mutual understanding, trust and sound development of the sovereign wealth fund community.
Guided by the Santiago Principles and on the basis of commercial operations, we aim to share scientific development and sustained growth with our business partners.